Turmeric milk is ancient Ayurvedic recipe for many conditions. Traditionally Turmeric milk is being used at bedtime as home remedies. Both of the ingredients turmeric & milk are equally beneficial for our health. Drinking a cup of warm turmeric , the turmeric will settle your stomach, the warm milk will make you sleepy, and the spices provide extra flavor and warmth.
The mixture of turmeric and milk is often touted as an all-natural cure for a variety of ailments and to promote good general health. It is recommended to drink a glass of turmeric extract with warm milk every night before retiring to bed.
Turmeric is very useful Ayurvedic herb & food with many health benefits. Turmeric is a source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin, manganese, iron, potassium, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids, omega 6 fatty acids and phytosterols.
- Turmeric is rich in iron and is very effective in the treatment of Anaemia
- Turmeric is a natural hair care treatment for dandruff, as hair colorants and dyes.
- Turmeric is antispasmodic. Turmeric extract helps to reduce the severity of painful menstrual cramps or dysmenorrhea.
- Turmeric you prevent against worms, bacteria, virus and fungus that can otherwise cause food poisoning, diarrhea, scabies, dysentery, smallpox and other related diseases. The compound, Curcumin, showed immense therapeutic potential against H. pylori, herpes simplex, hepatitis B, salmonella and Candida infections
- The presence of curcumin in turmeric helps to keep blood sugar level in check and prevent the onset of Type-2 Diabetes.
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and rich in vitamin B6, therefore, it helps to protect heart diseases
- Turmeric extract is good for your digestive system. Turmeric helps to stimulate production of bile in the liver and thereby improves the body’s ability to break down fats
- Turmeric contain Curcumin which is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect against dreaded diseases like skin cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer and prostrate cancer
- Turmeric is natural the best and an effective natural remedy for treating spots and pigmentation, blemishes, scars or skin discoloration.
- Milk is considered as an ideal and complete food and it contains principles of a well balanced diet. According to ayurveda, milk provides special and unique nutrition that cannot be derived from any other type of food. Cow’s milk is Sanskrit is ‘Goksheera’. It considered being the best among all. Milk is considered almost complete food, as it contains vitamin A, thiamine, nicotinic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin K, minerals like calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium according to modern concepts. Warm milk consumed 30 minutes before bed can aid in falling asleep
Instructions: Take 1 teaspoonful of turmeric powder, mix with 1/2 cup pure milk and simmer over medium-high heat for at least 7 minutes, stirring constantly. You will notice a thick paste form. If it get’s too dry while cooking you can add additional water. You can even add 1/2 tsp. of almond or ginger as your taste. Warm the milk until it just begins to boil, whisking to stir the ingredients. Look for the surface of the milk to begin to rumble and small bubbles to rise and break at the surface. You can even store it but better to use daily fresh .
Precautions: Turmeric is safe for daily dietary use. For medical use consult your doctor if you have any serious disease condition. It is not good to use turmeric milk if you are allergic to dairy products.