A healthy person generally should not sleep during the days except in summer. In summer a person gets exhausted because of the hot climate and gets disturbed or gets adequate sleep in the nights which in this season are comparatively shorter.
In other seasons sleep during the day tends to increase kapha dosha in the body leading to following disorders- Headache, Hemicrania, disorders of sense organs, heaviness and swelling of the body, bodyache, indigestion, cough with sputum, obstruction in the various passages, diabetes, itching and drowsiness. These problems can be tackled with doing liquid fast (taking only warm vegetables soup etc) and Ayurvedic medicated smoking.
Indication of sleeping during day
- Persons who keep awake during night
- Indulging in excessive intercourse
- Thirsty persons and person having pain in abdomen
- Indigestion – Circulation is diverted from muscle to stomach so sleep induce digestion and absorption
- Wound or injured persons
- Psychological disorders, Neuralgia
- Persons travelling excessively
- Weak persons
- Old persons, ladies and children
- Persons with anger or fear or afflicated by sorrow
- Speakers, professors, intellectuals and manual labours.